We are seeking an Architect with sound knowledge of architecture principles and practices to join our team. Participate as a leading member of the project team in all aspects of project scope, 3D modeling, production/implementation of construction documents and coordination of consultant scope. Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions. Monitor project scope to assure compliance with client directions, design intent, schedule and budget. Conduct code analyses and act as a point of contact with Project Manager or Project Architect. Perform submittal reviews during construction, maintain RFI and submittal logs. May oversee a small team of architects/architectural designers.
- Licensed Architect or Pursuing Licensure with 8 plus years of experience in hospitality, F&B and retail architecture.
- Car to commute to office and project sites.
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited program.
- Knowledge of the full design process, competent in all conventional aspects of architecture, code review and ADA guidelines.
- Proficient in REVIT, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and other applicable programs.
- Possess 3-D computer modeling skills (Revit, Sketchup)
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent verbal, communication and organizational skills; proactive and solution driven.
- 5+ years work experience in New York City and New York State Code & Zoning Regulations
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Survey existing and as-built conditions on sites where required.
- Establish and maintain drawing files.
- Translating design intent into initial drawings in collaboration with interior design team.
- Create architectural drawings and construction documents including space plans, furniture plans, reflected ceiling plans, sections, elevations, millwork, details and schedules.
- Assist the project’s respective PA with preparation of DOB filing set packages.
- Follow up with pertinent parties to ensure timely submission and fulfillment of DOB requirements.
- Maintain a ‘big picture’ understanding of the project’s brand strategy and goals.
- Review completed work in a timely manner and provide constructive feedback to team members. Highly attentive to details, accuracy and visual aesthetic.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Production and/or editing of 2D/3D renderings for presentations.
- Positive attitude, team player and detail-oriented approach.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Health insurance includes medical, vision and dental
- Paid time off
If you have the skillsets, can fulfill the responsibilities and the majority of the requirements above, and can thrive in a creative, solutions-driven environment, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Kindly include “Intermediate Architect” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.